WHEN WILL I NEED TITLE SERVICES?
You will require title services whenever you engage in a transaction to buy or sell real estate, including refinancing a piece of property you already own. "Title" is the word used to describe the history of ownership of a piece of real estate, and title services ensure that the ownership of the property is clear of liens, additional mortgages, and other claims against the property based upon outstanding debts or unpaid taxes. As part of our business, we also take care of obtaining payoffs for previous mortgages, helping to clear judgments, updating insurance policies, and perform loan closings, to make the process as eassy as possible for borrowers and lenders.
WHAT DO I DO WHEN PREPARING TO REFINANCE MY HOME?
1 . Find the owners title insurance policy you received when you purchased your home. Finding this policy will save you up to 40% of the premium rate you will have to pay to satisfy your lender's requirement for title insurance, as long as the policy is less than 10 years old. Fax a copy of the policy to us.2. Your lender may ask you to choose a title company. Once you have selected Black Page Title Agency, call our office to schedule a convenient time and date for your closing.
3. Give us the name and loan number of the present loan or loans you will be paying off in this transaction.
4. Give us the name and phone number of your homeowners insurance agent.
BLACK PAGE TITLE WILL THEN:
1 . Call your present mortgage holder and order your payoff.
2. Perform a title search and prepare the mortgagee title insurance.
3. Order a survey (if required by your lender)
4. Help you obtain whatever inspections are required by your lender.
5. Contact your homeowners insurance agent to give them the information they will need for the closing.
6. Call you one or two days before the closing to notify you of the exact amount you will need to bring to the closing (in the form of a cashier's check) or the exact amount you will be receiving from the closing.
DO I DO WHEN I AM BUYING A HOME?
1 . Your lender may ask you to choose a title company. Once you have selected Black Page Title Agency, Inc, call the Black Page Title office to schedule a convenient time and date for your closing.
2. Give us the name and phone numbers of your homeowners insurance agent.
3. If you will be using the
services of an attorney or Realtor, give us their name and number
so that we can keep them informed of all details prior to closing.
PAGE TITLE WILL THEN:
1 . Perform a title search, prepare a title insurance commitment and send it to you or your representative for inspection.
2. Attend to any title problems that may need correction prior to closing, keeping you informed at all times.
3. Contact your lender to obtain and comply with their instructions in preparing all documents in order to execute them in a timely manner. If necessary, we will overnight the documents to you if you cannot attend the closing.
4. Contact your homeowners insurance agent to give them the information they will need for the closing.
5. Order a survey for you, if needed.
6. Call you or your representative one or two days before the closing (in the form of a cashiers check) and any other documents you may need to bring with you.
Black Page Title Agency, Inc., leads all other title agencies in serving the needs of builders. Our fee structure and services can help you keep your title and closing costs low and your profit margin high.
Copyright ©2003 BlackPage Title Agency, Inc.